Hurry Up! Play Faster! This is a Disaster!!!
Director of Golf Andrew Michael offers tips on keeping up with Pace of Play
Did you know slow play is one of the leading reasons why people leave the game of golf? On average, it takes about 4 hours and 10 minutes to play a round of 18 holes. That’s a long time, especially if you have places to go and people to see. As you may have experienced, slow rounds can take close to 5 or 5 1/2 hours to play which can ruin anyone’s day. It’s our job as course operators to monitor and keep the pace of play moving at all times.
Here are some tips to help your group play faster …
1) Beginner Golfers – play at non-peak hours (later in the day after 4pm) until you’re comfortably playing 9 holes in two hours or less.
2) Play READY GOLF! If you’re ready to hit, you have our blessing.
3) Take 1 practice swing, not 7. Did you know from the time your club is selected, it shouldn’t take longer than 30 seconds to hit the ball? Those who play golf at a high level take 15 seconds on average. Too much time equals too much thought.
4) Buying items from beverage cart…Order the drinks/food, hit your shot, pay and collect. This process cuts 3 minutes off each beverage cart visit.
5) If you want to grab food at the turn, order from the golf cart when you reach hole 9 on either course. This expedites turn times by 8-10 minutes.
6) DO NOT STOP FOR LUNCH AT THE TURN. Grab something quick and easy and head to hole 10.
Hope you enjoyed MICHAEL’S MAGIC MATERIAL!